Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day One...technology...

Well, the class was not as bad as I thought.  I actually enjoyed the time I spent in class.  I have to say that I was a bit nervous about going into this class. As I said in my first post, I'm not a "techno geek".  I use this term endearingly.  I envy those who are technology savvy.  I know that it is up to me to do something about my short comings.  I feel that I have come a long way in the past few years.  It used to be that I feared the smart board, or computer program.  Now, I'm not so scared. If I don't know the answer the answer, I find someone who does.

There was a lot of discussion about how the internet has changed society.  I find computers a very helpful tool.  Honestly I don't buy into the social forums.  I fear having my personal information on the internet.  I am very careful when purchasing items online.  I didn't have a smartphone until 6 months ago.  Now, I can't imagine my life without my smartphone.  In regards to my classroom, I can't imagine teaching without a Smart board. 

Being a visual and kinesthetic learner, I'm happy to be on campus in a classroom.  For me, it is much easier to learn about technology while collaborating with people in person.  I look forward to having a lot of fun while I learn a more about being a "techno geek". 

No comments:

Post a Comment