Thursday, June 28, 2012

Day Four....Mixed Feelings...

Wow, it's almost over.  It has been a most draining day.  A lot of information has been gained, and even more has been written down.  I know that I won't remember everything, but I will remember the experience.  I've enjoyed my time in fellowship with Dr. Dunn and my fellow classmates.  I've tried to keep busy in class so that my mind stays focused.  I've discovered tools that I didn't even know existed.  Even though I am know where near a master of technology, I know that with time and patience I can figure anything out. 

I've also developed a new interest in the impact of technology on students.  In particular, virtual technology.  I have to wonder how benefical virtual technology is to the personal and academic growth of the At-Risk students.  The research I have done this week has piqued my interest in regards to pursuing this area in my study.  I feel it is an area that has yet to be explored and has a lot of potential for future research.  Especially since there are school systems that are opting to use virtual field trips to educate students in lieu of the more costly traditional field trips.  I will have to work on my research, and in developing my study proposal.

As the class comes to a close, I have mixed feelings about the end.  I have enjoyed my time on campus, and at the same time I can't wait to get home to my family friends, and especially my two adorable kitties.  Oh, and there is the best part...being able to sleep in my own bed.

I know leaving here will be sad, but I will be back.  I have made new friends, and I've had a chance to learn from a very talented, funny, and endearing professor. 

So, bring on day five....

No comments:

Post a Comment